Cinnamon Raisin Bars
By Annemarie Rossi
Makes: 12 bars
10 minutes prep time
30 minutes bake time
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with butter or oil.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate medium bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
4. the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Stir in the raisins (and walnuts, if using). Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Use a spatula to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bars are set and the edges are beginning to turn brown. Cool on a rack for a few minutes before cutting into bars. Once they’re completely cool, store the bars in an airtight container for up to three days. These bars can also be frozen for several months.