There are many stories about the origin of â€œChessâ€? Pie, but thereâ€™s no disputing its appeal!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry pie shell
HEAT oven to 325° F.
COMBINE sugar, butter and sweetened condensed milk; blend well.
BLEND in eggs and vanilla.
FOLD in walnuts and raisins; pour into pie shell.
BAKE on lowest oven rack for 60 minutes.
COOL before serving.
Makes 8 servings.