Cherry Date Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8-oz. each) Sun-Maid Chopped Dates
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 jar (10-oz.) maraschino cherries, drained, dried and chopped
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
COMBINE melted butter, brown sugar and soda in a large mixing bowl.
BEAT in eggs, one at a time.
ADD pecans, dates, raisins and cherries.
COMBINE 3-1/2 cups flour, spices and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add to date mixture, stirring well. Add up to 1/2 cup additional flour, if needed, to make slightly firm dough.
DROP dough by rounded spoonfuls onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
BAKE at 350 F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
COOL on wire racks.
Makes about 8 dozen.