Butternut Squash with Garbanzos and Raisins
Raisins add just the right touch of sweetness to this ginger-spiced vegetarian dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 10 ounces)
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Golden Raisins
- Cooked rice
HEAT olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
ADD onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
ADD garlic, ginger, curry, cumin and coriander. Cook and stir 1 minute until fragrant.
ADD broth and squash. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 8-10 minutes or until squash is tender.
ADD in garbanzo beans and raisins; heat through. Serve over rice.
Makes 4 servings.