Brussels Sprout Salad with Raisins
By Laura Bashar
- 20 oz. Brussels sprouts (approximately 40)
- 2 oranges, zest and segments
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
To make the dressing, whisk together ingredients until oil is emulsified and set aside.
For the salad, using a grater, food processor or sharp knife, shred Brussels sprouts and place in a serving bowl. Grate orange zest and add to the shredded Brussels sprouts. Using a sharp knife, remove the remaining skin and pith of the orange. Cut orange segments out and add to the salad. Toss in radishes, shallots, almond slices, raisins and fresh basil. Serve with citrus dressing.