Moist, modern cupcake versions of the classic American favorite.
- 3-ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 stick (8-ounces) butter, softened
- 1 box (16-ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
HEAT oven to 350° F.
GREASE or line 12 (2-3/4-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
In a large saucepan, over very low heat, COMBINE chocolate and butter; heat just until melted, stirring occasionally.
REMOVE from heat.
STIR in sugar; blend well.
BLEND in eggs and vanilla.
STIR in flour, walnuts and raisins.
SPOON batter into prepared muffin cups, filling almost full.
BAKE for 30 minutes.
COOL on wire rack.
Frosting: In small mixing bowl COMBINE first four ingredients and 2 tablespoons of milk.
With electric mixer, COMBINE on low until blended. Continue to beat on high until fluffy, adding additional milk as needed for spreading consistency.
Makes 12 cupcakes.