Banana Raisin French Toast
This fruit-filled twist on a breakfast classic features our naturally sweet compote, guaranteed to please your pickiest eaters.
Total Time: 1 hr. 30 mins. - 1 hr. 45 mins.
Yields: 4 servings
- French Toast
- 8 slices Sun-Maid Raisin Bread
- 2 medium bananas cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1 cup of water
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place four slices of raisin bread in a single layer in a buttered 9" square baking pan.
Top with bananas and four more slices of raisin bread.
Blend milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
Pour over raisin bread. Let stand 5 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
Bake 40-45 minutes (50-55 minutes if refrigerated) until set and top is toasted. Let stand 10 minutes.
Cut French toast into diagonal halves and remove with spatula.
Dust servings with powdered sugar if desired.
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool.