Banana-Raisin Chicken Curry
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup 1 tablespoon ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 small ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube/1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
Medium non-stick skillet
Blender or food processor
Coat chicken pieces with 1 cup of ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix, shaking off excess mix.
Heat oil in skillet and brown coated chicken on all sides. Remove browned chicken from pan and reserve.
Add onion, bananas, 1 tablespoon of Sun-Maid raisins, and garlic to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add curry powder and 1 tablespoon ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix and sauté 30 seconds.
Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in chicken bouillon until dissolved and simmer 5 minutes.
Pour into blender adding vinegar, honey, and salt. Puree until smooth.
Place chicken back into skillet and pour curry sauce over. Simmer for 5 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Serve immediately topped with Sun-Maid Raisins.
Makes: 4 servings