Apple Raisin Mammoth Muffins
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins (80 gr)
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Pitted Dates (80 gr)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup each all-purpose and whole wheat
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded upeeled sweet apple
HEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 12 (2 -inch) muffin cups, or coat with cooking spray.
WHIRL golden raisins, dates and hot water in a blender or food processor until fruit is evenly pureed. Add eggs and whirl just to blend.
COMBINE flour, almond meal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
ADD raisin-date puree, raisins and apple to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
SPOON batter into prepared muffin cups.
BAKE 16-17 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly to touched. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely. Store airtight 2-3 days or freeze for longer storage.
Makes 12 muffins.
Note: Greased muffin tins recommended instead of paper liners which stick to muffins.
PER SERVING: 90 Calories; 3.5 g fat; (0.5 g fat, sat); 31 mg cholesterol; 3.9 g protein; 24.4 g carbohydrate; 9 g sugars; 140 mg sodium; 2.8 g fiber