Wild Rice Pilaf
California Raisins are naturally at home in rice dishes and stuffings. To make your life easier, we've started with a flavored rice mix.
Preparation time: About 8 minutes
Cook time: 28 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (4.3-6.0 ounces) original flavor long grain and wild rice mix
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Golden Raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
MELT butter in a medium saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
ADD broth and enough water to equal amount called for in package directions, rice, contents of seasoning packet and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
STIR in pecans. Serve as side dish or use as stuffing for turkey or chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 340; Protein 6g; Fat 12g (Sat. Fat 4g); Carbohydrate 52g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 640mg