The ultimate brownies...dense, fudgy and decadent!
- 3 ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
HEAT oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a large saucepan, over very low heat, COMBINE chocolate and butter; heat just until melted, stirring occasionally.
REMOVE from heat.
STIR in sugar; mix well.
ADD eggs and vanilla; blend well.
STIR in flour, then walnuts (if desired) and raisins, mixing well.
SPREAD in greased pan.
BAKE at 350 F for 40 minutes.
COOL in pan; cut into bars.
Makes 20 bars.