The ultimate brownies...dense, fudgy and decadent!
- 3 ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
HEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt.
ADD to butter mixture; mix well.
STIR in walnuts and raisins.
DROP by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
BAKE at 350° F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
Makes 20 bars.