Mediterranean Spinach and Rice
Taste the essence of Mediterranean cuisine--grains, dried fruits, fresh vegetables and olive oil. Every bite is a step toward better health.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1 pound fresh spinach leaves, washed, dried and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
HEAT a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
ADD oil and garlic.
STIR until garlic is light golden brown, about 2 minutes.
ADD raisins and cook for 1 minute.
ADD spinach 1/3 at a time, tossing quickly just until each addition begins to wilt.
ADD cooked rice, red bell pepper, feta cheese and pepper.
STIR briefly to combine and season with salt to taste.
SERVE immediately or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrients per Serving (3/4 cup): Calories 280; Protein 7g; Fat 5g (Sat. Fat 2.5g); Carbohydrate 51g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 210mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 130% * Vitamin C 100% * Potassium 20% * Dietary Fiber 17% * Iron 25% * Calcium 15%