Spinach, Raisin & Bacon Salad
- 4 cups (6-oz. package) torn spinach packed
- 3 thick slices smoked, diced bacon (3/4 cup) or
- smoked bacon diced
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots or chopped onion
- 1/3 cup cider or raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- croutons (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
PLACE spinach in a large bowl.
COOK bacon in a medium skillet until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel. Set aside.
COOK shallots in skillet drippings for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in vinegar and water.
ADD raisins and sugar. Simmer 3 minutes.
POUR hot dressing over spinach.
ADD Parmesan and reserved bacon. Toss well.
TOP servings with croutons and pepper, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.