Sesame Pasta Salad
If you make this colorful pasta salad ahead of time, you'll enhance the rich Oriental flavors. It's great for picnics or as a light evening meal.
- 8 ounces bow tie, small shell or other shaped pasta
- 1-1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken (about 2 breast halves)
- 2 packages (6-oz. each) Sun-Maid Fruit Bits or 2 cups thinly sliced Sun-Maid apricots or Sun-Maid Peaches
- 1 medium diced red bell pepper
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
COOK pasta in boiling water as package directs.
DRAIN, rinse with cold water and drain again.
While pasta boils, COMBINE vinegar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a small bowl; stir to dissolve sugar. Stir in vegetable and sesame oils.
In large bowl, TOSS pasta with dressing and remaining salad ingredients.
REFRIGERATE until chilled.
Makes 9 servings (9 cups).
Nutrients per Serving (1 cup): Calories 310; Protein 10g; Fat 8g; Carbohydrate 50g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 16mg; Sodium 300mg