Pan Seared Sea Bass with Spiced Fruit Salsa
- 4 (5-6 ounce) sea bass fillets about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Tropical Trio
- 1/3 cup apple juice or cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
RUB fish with olive
COMBINE coriander, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; mix well. Set aside 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture for the fruit salsa. Add salt to remaining mixture. Rub seasonings over both sides of fish.
HEAT a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Add fish. Reduce heat to medium, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until fish is browned and seared. Turn fish over; cook about 5 minutes or until fish is slightly firm and flaky.
COMBINE Tropical Trio, juice, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon reserved seasoning mixture in a small saucepan or microwave-safe dish. Bring to a boil. Stir in jam. Let stand 5 minutes. Transfer fish to serving plates.
TOP with fruit salsa and sprinkle with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 330; Protein 27g; Fat 5g (Sat. Fat 1g); Carbohydrate 44g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 620mg