Snappy Sun-Maid Salsa
Sweet and spicy, withjust the right amount of heat, our favorite salsa can be made with raisins,apricots or peaches. From appetizers to entrees, quesadillas to grilled fish,it's the perfect addition to your spring meals.
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid apricots or Sun-Maid Peaches
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup jicama (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 seeded and minced jalapeno
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
COMBINE all ingredients in medium bowl.
COVER and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavor to develop.
SERVE with chips (low fat), as a dip, on Bruschetta (see below), or assuggested above.
Bruschetta: A favorite Italian appetizer andsnack. Rub thin slices of baguette (small French bread) with one clove garlic.Grill or bake slices in 350 F oven until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Top each slicewith 1 tablespoon goat cheese or other soft white cheese and 1 tablespoon Sun-MaidSnappy Salsa.
Makes 3 cups.
Nutrients per serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 13;