Raspberry Raisin Ribbon Bars
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
HEAT oven to 375 F.
COMBINE butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended.
ADD flour and baking soda; mix well.
STIR in oats and walnuts.
RESERVE 1 cup oat mixture for topping.
PRESS remaining oat mixture into 8-inch square pan.
COMBINE raisins and jam.
SPREAD raisin mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges.
SPRINKLE with reserved oat mixture; press lightly.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
COOL in pan; cut into bars.
Makes 20 bars.