Raisin, Butternut Squash and Arugula Salad
- 1 package (16 oz.) prepared cut (fresh or frozen); approx. 3 cups butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bag (5 oz.) baby arugula
- or baby spinach
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
COMBINE melted butter, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
TOSS butternut (if using frozen butternut, follow package instructions for proper thawing) with butter, brown sugar and cayenne mixture.
TRANSFER to prepared baking sheet.
BAKE in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until just tender.
REMOVE and let cool.
SLOWLY whisk walnut oil into lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss arugula or spinach in vinaigrette.
DIVIDE dressed greens among serving plates. Top each with 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash, 1/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins and 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 380; Protein 5; Fat 19g (Sat. Fat 4.5g); Carbohydrate 48g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 160mg