For those who favor rich-tasting raisin oatmeal cookies, this version is sure to bring a smile.
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
HEAT oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheets.
COMBINE butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt.
ADD to butter mixture; mix well.
STIR in oats and raisins.
DROP by tablespoonful on greased cookie sheets.
BAKE in upper third of oven at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
REMOVE from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.