Raisin Energy Snacks
- 4 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups plain no added fat or low fat granola (see note below)
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons raw sunflower kernels
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
In a large bowl, BEAT egg whites and sugar with whisk until
BEAT in oil, cinnamon and extract.
STIR in remaining ingredients; blend well.
Generously COAT 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
TURN raisin mixture into pan; pat to even layer.
BAKE at 300 F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Loosen edges with spatula and invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
CUT into 4 dozen bite-sized pieces.
STORE in an airtight container or pack in small plastic bags for on-the-go snacking.
* If granola is in large clusters, place in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin before measuring.
Snack Mix: Combine Raisin Snacks with one or more of the following: Sun-Maid Dried Apricots or Dried Apples, roasted almonds, peanuts or cashews, banana chips.
Tip: When there is not time to sit down to breakfast, bag these Raisin Snacks for a good breakfast on the go.
Makes 4 dozen bite-size pieces.
Nutrients per Serving (1 piece): Calories 40; Protein 1g; Fat 1g (Sat. Fat 0g); Carbohydrate 7g; Dietary Fiber .5g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 15mg