Raisin Crumb Bars
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced and softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Muscat Raisins
BLEND oats, flour, brown sugar, butter and baking soda with a
pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. If desired,
blend in nuts.
PRESS 3 cups of mixture into a 13"x9" baking pan.
BAKE at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
REMOVE from oven and set aside.
STIR sour cream and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan.
ADD sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt; stir until well combined.
COOK over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is the thickness of stirred yogurt, about 10 minutes.
ADD raisins to sour cream mixture.
SPREAD over baked crust and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
BAKE at 350 for 30 minutes until topping is golden.
COOL before cutting into bars.
Makes 2 dozen bars.