Oat, Apple Raisin Muffins
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Zante Currants or Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup cored, peeled and chopped apple
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
COMBINE currants or raisins with apple, oil, milk, egg and sugar in a medium mixing
STIR together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in a separate bowl.
STIR into raisin mixture just until combined.
DIVIDE batter equally into 12 greased or lined muffin cups.
SPRINKLE top of batter with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar per muffin cup.
BAKE at 400° F for 20 minutes or until golden.
Makes one dozen muffins.