Multigrain Raisin Bread - 1-1/2 Pound Loaf
This is a low-rising, dense bread that's perfect with a homemade soup or sliced and made into open-faced sandwiches.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick oatmeal toasted
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ toasted
- 2 tablespoons powdered dry milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
MEASURE carefully, adding ingredients to bread machine pan in the order
recommended by the manufacturer.
SELECT sweet or basic/white cycle.
USE light or medium crust color.
ADD raisins at the raisin/nut cycle or 5 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
REMOVE baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Note: This is a heavy, dense lower-rising loaf of bread. If you prefer a higher-volume, lighter bread, replace 1 or 2 tablespoons of the bread flour with gluten (available in specialty supermarkets).
Makes 8 servings (each 1 pound loaf).
Nutrients per serving: 205 calories, 6g protein, 41g carbohydrate, 3g fat, 2g dietary fiber, 230mg sodium, 2mg iron.