Lemon and Date Chicken Salad
Dates and cinnamon are a sweet contrast to tangy lemon and green onion in this pleasantly different chicken salad.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Chopped Dates
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped, toasted cashews
- or peanuts (optional)
COMBINE lemon juice, olive oil, green onion, cilantro or parsley, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
STIR in chicken, dates, celery and cashews.
COVER and refrigerate 1 hour before serving to blend flavors.
SERVE as an entree salad, in a tortilla wrap, in a sandwich, or as a pocket bread filling.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 370; Protein 28g; Fat 19g (Sat. Fat 4g); Carbohydrate 21g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 240mg