Quick Side Dish Stuffing
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-3/4 cup (14.5-ounce can) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 package (8-ounces) herbed stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
COOK onion and celery in butter over medium heat until softened, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
ADD broth and raisins. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
STIR in stuffing mix and pecans. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Casserole Stuffing:Â After stirring stuffing mix and pecans into broth, spoon mixture into a buttered casserole dish. Cover with foil. (If desired, refrigerate until ready to bake). Bake 30 minutes at 350ÂºF. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer for a crisp top.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.