A gallette is a rustic Italian dessert made with a freeform crust and filled with fruit. The option of using fresh apples or peaches or frozen peaches and ready-made pie dough make this recipe easy to do anytime of year.
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (4 to 6 medium) peeled, chopped tart apples or fresh sliced peaches or 1 package (16-oz.) frozen sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie dough round or shell
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
HEAT oven to 425 F.
COMBINE raisins, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
MIX with fruit and lemon juice.
PLACE 9-inch round pie dough on a rimmed baking sheet.
MOUND fruit in center of dough, leaving a 1-2 inch border.
FOLD dough up around fruit, gently pleating and pressing dough against fruit.
BAKE 10 minutes at 425 F; reduce temperature to 350 F and bake 20 to 25 minutes until crust is golden brown. Juices may seep out onto pan. Cool on pan. With a large spatula, carefully TRANSFER gallette to a platter and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 8 servings.