Date and Blue Cheese Crostini
A simple combination of dates and mild blue cheese make a rich and mysterious taste.
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Chopped Dates
- 5 to 6 ounces soft or triple cream blue cheese (such as Cambazola cheese)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped and toasted pistachios or pecans
- Plain baguette toasts or melba crackers
- Whole pistachios or pecans for garnish
CHOP dates into approximately 1/4-inch pieces. Cut rind from cheese.
COMBINE dates and cheese using a fork or flexible spatula until mixture is well blended.
MIX in chopped nuts.
SPREAD 1 to 2 teaspoons of date-cheese mixture onto baguette toasts and top with a whole pistachio or pecan.
PLACE on a baking sheet.
BROIL 3 to 4 inches from heat, just until bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 24 servings.
Combine dates and cheese as above.
Roll mixture into a ball or log.
Spread chopped pecans onto a sheet of plastic wrap large enough to cover cheese.
Use plastic to evenly press nuts onto cheese.
Wrap and chill.
Serve cold or room temperature with baguette toasts or crackers
Preheat oven to 400F.
Cut a baguette into 1/3-inch thick slices and place in single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes until crisp.
Can be made several hours ahead.