Cinnamon Orange Raisin Loaf
Starting with frozennbread dough cuts down the preparation time for these simple yet impressive breakfast treats. Be sure your dough is completely thawed before you begin.
- 1 loaf (16-ounce) thoroughly thawed frozen bread dough
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
ROLL out dough to 18 x
8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
BRUSH dough with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
COMBINE brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, orange zest and raisins; sprinkle evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border along long sides.
ROLL up dough starting at short side.
PLACE in a buttered 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Let rise 30 minutes or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
BAKE at 350 F. 30 to 35 minutes (40 to 45 minutes if refrigerated) or until golden brown.
COOL in pan 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of loaf and turn out onto a plate.
COMBINE powdered sugar, orange zest and cinnamon. Stir in just enough orange juice to make a thick glaze. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
Makes 8 servings.