Chocolate Raisin Crinkles
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (1 cup) Sun-Maid Baking Raisins or 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- Powdered sugar
COMBINE butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; beat until well
THOROUGHLY stir in melted chocolate.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with milk.
STIR in raisins
COVER; refrigerate until firm.
HEAT oven to 350 F.
GREASE cookie sheets.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.
PLACE 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
BAKE at 350 F for 12 to 15 minutes (do not overbake).
COOL 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.