Chewy Butterscotch Raisin Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup melted butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
HEAT oven to 350 F.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
BEAT butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
ADD flour mixture and beat until smooth.
BEAT in melted butterscotch chips and vanilla.
STIR in raisins.
SPREAD mixture into a greased 9-inch square pan.
BAKE for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. (Sides rise higher than center.) Cool completely. Cut into bars.
DRIZZLE melted semi-sweet chocolate chips decoratively over bars.
Makes 18 bars.