Carrot Raisin Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (about 3-4 large) coarsely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural or Golden Raisins
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
HEAT oven to 400° F.
COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
BEAT together eggs and sugar.
ADD carrots, raisins, buttermilk, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Mix well.
ADD flour mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
SPOON batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
BAKE for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
COMBINE cream cheese and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
STIR in powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
DRIZZLE over muffins.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.