- 1 baguette or rustic bread of your choice
- 6 oz brie, cut into slices
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh herbs, chopped (like rosemary, thyme, basil or chives)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a small pan over medium high heat add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is hot add onion slices and sauté until softened. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking the onions until they are browned and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in raisins seasonings and herbs and set aside.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Cut the baguette into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each piece in half lengthwise. Place each baguette piece cut side up on a baking sheet.
5. On the bottom pieces of the baguette add slices of brie.
6. Toast under the broiler until brie melts, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and begin plating the sandwiches. Divide raisin mixture evenly and spoon over the brie. Top with bread and serve immediately.