- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups old-fashioned or quick oats
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
HEAT oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper if desired.
BEAT butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
ADD to butter mixture and mix well.
STIR in oats, raisins and nuts, if using. Scoop onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheets, 2 tablespoons dough per cookie. Flatten mounds to about 1/2 inch with water-dampened fingertips.
BAKE 9-10 minutes until just lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets.
COOL on wire racks.
Makes 2-1/2 dozen. (2 tablespoons dough per cookie)
120 Calories; 4.2 g fat; (2.2 g fat, sat); 14.7 mg cholesterol; 2.9 g protein; 19.1 g carbohydrate; 7.5 g sugars; 45 mg sodium; 1.7 g fiber