Ingredients for Broth:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
- 6 cups water
- 6 cubes/teaspoons chicken bouillon
Ingredients for Dumplings:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
Medium Soup Pot
For the broth:
Melt butter in sauce pan then add onion, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper. Saute until onions become transluscent.
Add 1 tablespoon of Sun-Maid raisins and stir about 15 seconds. Save second tablespoon of raisins for topping.
Add in tablespoon of ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix and mix well, forming a roux.
Stir in 6 cups of water, let water come to a boil.
Add chicken bouillon and stir.
For the dumplings:
Combine all ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
Using a ½ teaspoon, drop dumplings into boiling broth.
Cover pot and cook approximately 4 minutes, until dumplings float.
Serve broth and dumplings topped with Sun-Maid Raisins.
Makes: 20 dumplings