- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
oven to 350° F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. COMBINE
raisins, orange juice and zest in a small bowl; set aside. COMBINE
flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. ADD
egg, butter, raisins and orange juice; stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
with streusel (recipe below) and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Streusel:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
in 2 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
Makes 12 muffins.