- 1 cup all-purpose flour, measured lightly in cup
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour measured lightly in cup
- 1/4 cup wheat germ *
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins, currants or chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup whipping cream
oven to 450° F. MIX
flours, wheat germ, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir in choice of dried fruit. STIR
in cream with a wooden spoon just until blended and dough leaves sides of bowl. TURN
dough out onto a floured work surface. Fold and turn dough 8-10 times. Dough should be moist and soft but not sticky. PAT
out in an 8-inch by 5/8-inch thick round. Cut into 2-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter or rim of a glass, reshaping and cutting scraps. PLACE
2 inches apart on an ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot with jam.
*Can omit wheat germ and increase whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup.
Makes 12 biscuits.