- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces fresh cremini mushrooms or assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white wine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly bias-sliced green onion
1. In large deep skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 10 minutes or until onion is very tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in mushrooms, garlic and salt. Cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Carefully stir in 1/2 cup of the wine. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
4. Stir in rice. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Carefully stir in the remaining 1/2 cup wine. Cook and stir until liquid is absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. Add raisins.
6. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the hot broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir until liquid is absorbed.
7. Add another 1/2 cup of the hot broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
8. Add the remaining hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the broth has been absorbed, and adding the raisins with the last portion of broth. (This should take 20 to 25 minutes total.)
9. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with green onions to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 311 cal., 9 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 19 mg chol., 965 mg sodium, 47 g carb., 2 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 8 g protein
Daily Values: 4% vit. A, 5% vit. C, 8% calcium, 16% iron