- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
In mixer bowl, CREAM
butter and cream cheese. Gradually stir in flour; mix until smooth. FORM
dough into 3 equal balls; flatten slightly. Wrap and chill at least 3 hours or overnight. COMBINE
raisins, walnuts, chocolate, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
To bake, ROLL
one ball of dough on floured surface to 12-inch circle. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the butter; sprinkle with 1/3 of the raisin mixture. Roll over filling with rolling pin to press slightly into dough. CUT
into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Roll up each wedge jelly-roll fashion, beginning from wide end. Place on greased baking sheets, points down. Repeat with remaining balls of dough.
If desired, BRUSH
tops with additional melted butter; sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar. BAKE
at 350 F about 25 minutes or until golden. COOL
on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen.