- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 12-ounce package (2 cups) melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon dark rum *
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry pie shell
HEAT oven to 375° F.
In large bowl, COMBINE butter and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
ADD eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
ADD chocolate, coffee powder and rum; blend well.
STIR in flour, walnuts and raisins; pour into pie shell.
BAKE in lower third of oven for 25 minutes.
COOL on wire rack.
REFRIGERATE for several hours until chilled.
Makes 8 servings.
*1 teaspoon of rum extract can be substituted for the dark rum.