- No Sugar Added
- 8 oz Sun-Maid Natural Raisins soaked in hot water to plump for 1 hour
- 8 oz Sun-Maid pitted dates
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and 1/4amp;quot; diced
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup walnuts, medium pieces roasted
1. Prepare Raisin and Date Paste: Soak raisins and dates in hot water for 1 hour to plump. Combine drained raisins and dates in a food processor. With motor running, slowly add oil. Blend to a paste-like consistency.
2. Prepare Streusel: Combine butter and 1/2 C Raisin/Date Paste in mixing bowl, and blend well using rubber spatula. Mix in flour, Salt, cinnamon, and oats and blend until crumbly. Finally, add in the chopped apple and blend.
3. Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream 1 1/2 C Raisin/Date Paste with butter in stand mixer using paddle attachment. Add eggs one at a time, and fully incorporate between additions. Scrape bowl. Add Vanilla and mix well.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to the paste blend alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in nuts.
4. Pour batter in a greased 9x9 inch baking pan and level with spatula. Spread entire amount of streusel evenly over the top of the cake.
5. Bake in center of oven for about 45 mins at 350°F or until toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts (per serving) 390 calories; 20g total fat (9g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber, 16 g total sugars (0g added sugars), 7 g protein
Daily Values 8% calcium, 10% iron, 6% potassium