- 1 lb. tomatillos, husked, destemmed, cut into 4
- 2 large Hatch (or poblano), seeded, destemmed, cut in half
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, destemmed, cut in half
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled, cut into 4
- 2 lg cloves garlic, peeled, cut in half
- 1 long dried guajillo pepper, seeded, destemmed, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cut packed fresh cilantro leaves, destemmed
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Cotija cheese
- Fresh vegetables
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. On two parchment-lined 15” x 10” x 1” pans, place tomatillo slices, Hatch chilies, jalapeño pepper, red onion, and garlic.
Place on two racks in oven. Roast for 15 mins.
3. After 15 mins reposition pans so bottom pan is now on top rack and continue roasting for 15 more mins.
4. Meanwhile, place guajillo pepper pieces in lime juice and soak for 15 mins; set aside.
5. Dice all ingredients and mix together. Or for a smoother consistency, place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse for 15 secs.
6. Prepare a burger according to your liking and top with Raisin Chili Salsa, Cotija cheese, and fresh vegetables.