Raisin-Cherry Holiday Loaf
Raisins, walnuts and cherries make a cheerful, fruit filled cake for your holiday dessert table.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 jar (16-ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1-1/2 cups Sun-Maid Golden Raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
oven to 300° F. COAT
two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.CUT
each cherry into quarters. PAT
cherries completely dry on paper towels. PLACE
cherries, raisins and walnuts in a large bowl. TOSS
lightly with 1/4 cup of the flour. BEAT
butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. BEAT
in eggs one at a time. GRADUALLY
beat in remaining flour, mixing until smooth. GENTLY
stir in fruit mixture. DIVIDE
between prepared pans.BAKE
about 1 hour 15 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL
in pans 15 minutes. TURN
out and cool completely on wire rack. SLICE
in thin 1/4-inch slices to serve.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in foil and plastic wrap.
Makes 2 loaves, 20 slices per loaf.