- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 eggs
- Tube of icing
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Cape Cod Cranberries
- Small candy canes
dry ingredients in medium bowl; set aside. BEAT
butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.ADD
brown sugar, molasses, and eggs; beat well.
in dry mixture on low speed.DIVIDE
dough into 3 parts and wrap in plastic wrap.REFRIGERATE
until firm, about 1Â½ hours.ROLL
dough on lightly floured surface to Â¼-inch thickness.
Using a cookie cutter, CUT
cookies and place 2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.BAKE
in preheated oven at 350 F for 11 to 13 minutes.
Let cool 2 to 3 minutes.DECORATE
with icing, raisins and dried cranberries. Attach small candy canes with icing onto "hands" of cookies, or serve on the side.
Donâ€™t forget the smiles!!
Yield: about 20, 6 to 7-inch cookies.