- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup Arborio or medium grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1-3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Goldens and Cherries or Cape Cod Cranberries
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) smoked Gouda cheese and 1/4 cup (1-ounce) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Black pepper to taste
olive oil in a medium-size saucepan. Saute onion 2-3 minutes until soft. Add rice and stir until completely coated with oil. ADD
wine and simmer until liquid is evaporated. Add broth and bring to a simmer. REDUCE
heat to low, cover and simmer 18-20 minutes until nearly all the broth is absorbed. REMOVE
pan from heat and stir in dried fruit and cheeses. Season with pepper to taste. Let stand 5 minutes lightly covered. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.