- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg, beaten well
- Optional: coarse sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, raisins, honey, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
3. Meanwhile, unroll the pie crusts onto a cutting board and cut into four wedges each. Divide the filling evenly among the wedges, keeping it to the center. Working with one wedge at a time, fold the dough over the filling and press to seal the edges. Once all the wedges have been sealed, use a fork to press the edges again. Roll the edges over and press with the fork again. Transfer to the baking sheet.
4. Brush all the turnovers with the beaten egg, discarding any excess. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
5. Bake the turnovers for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.