- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup bright pink decorating sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in lemon peel, vanilla, and salt until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer (mixture may look crumbly; continue beating until dough comes together). Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour, plus the raisins, pecans, and poppy seeds.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are just light brown.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor combine pink decorating sugar and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Process until finely ground. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; set aside.
4. Place baked cookies on the pan on a wire rack; cool 5 minutes. Add just-cooled cookies, a few at a time, to the sugar mixture in the bag, shaking gently to coat. Return cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
5. Once cooled, toss in sugar mixture again.
Makes: 48 cookies
Prep: 40 minutes Bake: 7 to 9 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 103 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 44 mg sodium, 13 g carb., 1 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 1 g protein
Daily Values: 2% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 1% calcium, 2% iron