- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (1 cup) Sun-Maid Natural Raisins or Sun-Maid Baking Raisins
HEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt.
ADD to butter mixture; mix well.
STIR in walnuts and raisins.
DROP by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
BAKE at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from
cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.