- 1 package (11.5-ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup selection of Sun-Maid dried fruit such as: Calimyrna Figs, thinly sliced; California Apricots, thinly sliced; Tart Cherries; Cape Cod Cranberries; Natural and Golden Raisins
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, walnuts or pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 quarter-size rounds crystallized ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
chocolate with canola oil in the top of a double boiler over low heat, or heat in microwave-safe dish on medium power for 2 minutes. Stir until melted. SPREAD
chocolate to scant 1/4-inch thickness on prepared pan (about 9 x 11 inch rectangle). SCATTER
dried fruit, nuts and ginger over warm chocolate. Press lightly into chocolate. Sprinkle evenly with pinches of salt. REFRIGERATE
about 30 minutes or until firm. Remove from foil. Cut into irregular pieces. Refrigerate in covered container for up to 3 days. Serve slightly cold.
Makes about 12, 2-3-inch pieces
Per Servings: 184 Calories, 14g Fat (7g Sat Fat), 0mg Cholesterol, 50mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber, 2g Protein