- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 2 tablepsoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 8-ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup warmed whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely chopped walnuts or unsweetened cocoa powder or melted chocolate
In food processor or blender jar, COMBINE
raisins and liqueur. TURN
off and on to coarsely chop raisins; set aside.
In heavy saucepan over low heat, MELT
chocolate and butter. COMBINE
whipping cream, egg yolk and vanilla; gradually blend into chocolate mixture. STIR
in raisin mixture. PLACE
mixture over ice water; stir until completely cool and slightly thickened. BEAT
20 to 30 seconds. COVER
; refrigerate until firm. FORM
mixture into 30 small balls; roll each in finely chopped walnuts or cocoa powder.
Or, to dip in melted chocolate, REFRIGERATE
balls until chilled. DIP
balls one at a time, turning to coat all sides. PLACE
on waxed paper.
LET stand until chocolate is set.
Makes 30 truffles.