- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast , cut in strips
- 1 small red pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups light coconut milk *
- Hot cooked basmati or long grain rice
- Sun-Maid Natural and Golden Raisins
- Sweetened flaked coconut
- Roasted unsalted cashews
Heat olive oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger to pan. Cook over medium heat until softened.
Sprinkle coriander, turmeric and salt over vegetables and stir 15 seconds or just until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk.
Return chicken and any juices to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve over hot cooked rice with raisins, coconut and cashews.
*Light coconut milk is thinner consistency and lower fat than regular coconut milk. If using regular, adjust thickness with water.
Makes 3-4 Servings
Per Serving (with 1/2 cup rice, 2 T raisins, 1 T each sweetened coconut and cashews): 511 Calories, 21g Fat (8g Sat Fat), 73mg Cholesterol, 590mg Sodium, 51g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 30g Protein